Calling all Crafters! Make a no-sew t-shirt bag: Register here on Give Pulse to create upcycled bags by taking that stack of old t-shirts that will never become a t-shirt quilt and put them to good use as bags for Full Circle to fill!
- All you need are clean t-shirts that you no longer wear
A pair of good scissors and a no-sew pattern that can be found on Pinterest (here’s the one I used: https://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/how-to-make-tote-bag-from-t-shirt-no-sewing/)
- For every 3 shirts, you make you’ll receive 1 hour of service
- Box them up to ship to us or drop them off at the Center for Community Engagement when you’re back on campus!
- We will confirm your hours when we have received your donation!
The pantry always needs shopping bags to fill the hundreds of food requests we received each week. The pantry stayed open and operated after classes went online and the number of people we serve each week doubled! So bags are always in high demand!
Center for Community Engagement
A 643 Arkansas Union
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
A few people you will meet... View All
Pauline Morin wrote on July 29th, 2020
I have fabrics that I will not use anymore, is it OK to sew tote bags out of fabrics instead of shirts?
This is such a fun project! I have too many shirts to ship, I think it would be too costly. Where is the Center for Community Engagement? Is it reopening during the Fall?
Absolutely! Pauline we would love that!! Please keep track of the time it takes and I'll adjust the hours you receive for the bags you make! Thank you so much! Take care!