SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING INTERN
The Social Media and Marketing Intern will help Hollywood Senior Center run a successful Season of Sharing fundraising campaign with a focus on developing and coordinating social media efforts.
DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Cultivate ideas and create content in order to increase Hollywood Senior Center’s social media presence during the Season of Sharing campaign
- Identify the best social media platform(s) to focus on during the campaign
- Create weekly posting plan and propose budget to hit targets as needed
- Distribute posts and other content according to plan
- Engage with Hollywood Senior Center’s online community
- Attend biweekly meetings with Board of Directors contact
- Evaluate and adapt strategy as needed throughout the campaign
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Excitement for supporting the mission and work of Hollywood Senior Center
- Technologically savvy with basic knowledge of photography/video editing applications
- Knowledge of best practices in social media and experience with multiple social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram
- Excellent written communication skills
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- An interest in marketing field with coursework or experience preferred
TIME COMMITMENT: Starting as soon as possible through December 31; up to 10 hours per week on a flexible schedule.
LOCATION: Most work can be done remotely with time on-site at Hollywood Seniors Center or identified locations for filming and photography.
SUPERVISOR: Volunteer Program Manager. The intern will coordinate campaign and content directly with a member of the HSC Board of Directors.
- This internship is unpaid but may count for college credit; please check with your institution.
- Gain valuable experience and skills in social media strategy and content development in a professional environment.
- Letter of recommendation available upon successful completion of internship.
- Be a part of a dynamic team helping enrich the lives of seniors in our community.
APPLICATION: Position is open until filled. Follow this link to apply: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1566029563
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.