We are excited to work with Groundwork Dallas, which holds weekly clean up events.
What you'll be doing
- River Clean-up from canoes (weather and staff permitting) - Clean-up along the edge of the river, forest and creek beds.
- Moving branches and debris from trails
- Pruning and trimming along paths
Groundwork Dallas will provide all tools, leather gloves and canoeing equipment.
What to wear You'll be working outdoors in areas that may have mosquitoes and poison ivy. Please wear boots or sturdy, closed-toe shoes, long pants, and socks that come over the ankles. NOT RECOMMENDED socks that don't cover the ankle, yoga pants or leggings.
Note about location - Subject to change due to weather or area of need. Location will be verified the week of the clean up but changes could come as late as the day before event due to weather. Be sure to watch your email for changes, cancellations, and location updates.
Learn more and sign up for this event by clicking here.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.