First known as Gladson House and Ripley House upon opening in 1954, this building was later fused to create what is now known as Gladson-Ripley. Gladson House was named for William Nathan Gladson who came to the university in 1894. He became the Dean of the College of Engineering in 1913. During his 42 years at the university, the college of engineering acquired an excellent national reputation. Ripley House was named for Dean Giles E. Ripley who came to the university in 1908 as a physics professor. He later served as the Dean of Men from 1923-1937. He then returned to the physics department as a professor until he retired in 1940.
2 People | 5 Impacts | 203 Economic Impact | 9 Hours